7i Capital’s Health Care group is an industry-focused investment banking team with transaction experience across a broad range of health care subsectors. Our professionals have deep sector knowledge built over years of focused industry coverage. We work collaboratively with a wide range of organizations, including private for-profit companies; publicly traded companies; and not-for-profit entities. Our healthcare team provides clients with a broad range strategy & transactions, including mergers and acquisitions advisory and Private Equity.
Our focus areas:
- Hospitals (Speciality & Multipurpose)
- Medical Diagnostic & Laboratory chains
- Healthcare Services (Dental services, Nursing facilities, Renal care services,IVF & fertility chains)
- Life Sciences- (Hidden dropdown list- genomics, cell culture, research and labrotory device)
- Medical Devices- (IVD, surgicals, Implants, Wound Care, dental, renal care, oncology (diagnostic + therapy)
huge growth opportunities by the EV growth, has the potential of becoming the leader in the shared mobility by 2030. Top Automobile companies are planning to shift their base from IC engines to EV and this may disrupt the IC engine focused companies. Indian Automotive market is expected to grow in the forthcoming years, as the transition to Electric Vehicle is necessary to reduce emissions, many companies are looking to have at least 40% of the portfolio filled with Electric Vehicles.
- Generics & Speciality Pharmaceuticals
- OTC and nutraceuticals
- Tele Medicine & Online Consultancies
- Electronic health records & hospital/clinic management solutions
- Online Fitness Platform/Devices
- Healthcare Consulting and Advisory services
How each industry is growing in India?
The hospital industry in India is forecast to increase to US$ 132.84 billion by FY22 from US$ 61.79 billion in FY17 at a CAGR of 16–17%. The Government of India is planning to increase public health spending to 2.5% of the country’s GDP by 2025.
The Medical device sector is projected to register a CAGR of 14.8% and is expected to reach $11.86 bn in 2021-22, Moreover, Imports: $5.6 bn, Exports: $2.51 bn (FY2020) India’s expected export of medical devices will reach ~ $10 bn by 2025.
The Indian pharmaceutical industry has to reinvent and undertake fundamental reforms to achieve the ambitious target of $130 billion in size by 2030.
How can 7i help?
One of the most active mid-market healthcare investment banks in India, 7i has successfully completed multiple transactions in this space.
Combined with our deep sector insight and strong domestic/global network of industry relationships with private and public companies (across market caps) and PE/VCs, we have a strong track record in leveraging new growth opportunities and add value for our clients through our services in:
- Domestic and Cross border Mergers & Acquisitions
- Fund Raising via Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Long-term Strategic/Financial Advice
Abhijeet A. Biswas, CFA